Sunday, May 2, 2010

Breakfast is my favorite.

I made Corn Cakes with Alina last weekend.
I think I'll make them again....and you can too!

  • 2 cups yellow cornmeal
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 tablespoon of agave, for a little sweetness, if you like.

Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl -
mix together all liquid ingredients in a different bowl..

Add the liquid to the dry.
Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot greased griddle.

Fry until brown- flip 'er over & get 'er brown on the other side.

They are good.
I like mine with fruit & plain yogurt & applesauce & almonds & jam.

O, and a cup of Joseph, please.
You might like yours with 'Aunt Jemima.'
I don't.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

love the photo. mmmm, yummy!

tim said...

Suddenly, I got me a hankerin' fer some corn cakes! Definitely going to try this recipe ASAP.

Friquette said...

J'ai faim maintenant, c'est malin!

Friquette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gini said...

miam miam!! im gonna make some tomorow!!!! xxxx
lots of love from gini famiLi

Ana Silva said...

It's like if a feather had enough strength to change the seas.

jorge vicente said...

yummy!

julie said...

hey alela I looooove your songs, we listen to you all the time. and I also really love your blog ! keep it up that's really cool. I wish you a lot of happiness with your new husband, french photographer and fan julie. (come and visit my blog : desfruitsdesfleursetc.blogspot.com)

C SATHAL said...

it's a joy to wander around here !
Bonne journée
C.